Thursday 19 March 2009

Sorry for the long break.........

I can't believe that I haven't posted to my blog since November, I do apologise for being so slack and promise to do better from now on (oops - maybe I shouldn't make promises like that).

We had a very sad Christmas with the accidental death of my boss's 13 year old son Mackenzie in a trail bike accident on 20th December. Mackenzie and his brother Dougal are good friends with my son, Blake and it hit us and the whole community very badly. One thing you are never prepared for is the death of a child and this being so sudden and so tragic, just took the wind out of our sails. I totally re-evaluated my life and suddenly the things that used to seem so important became very insignificant.

Then on top of that I smashed my car up quite badly on Christmas Eve, Luckily the only thing that was hurt was my pride.

So, huge thanks to my friends and family who supported us during this horror time. Mackenzie's family are taking each day at a time and slowly learning to live with their loss. At times like this you feel very helpless but the one thing I could do was make some sympathy thank you cards for the family to send out and this is what I came up with, some were in this colour and others in shades of blue. I ended up making 275 of these and would like to thank the girls at stamp group who helped me put the last lot together.

2 comments:

NessH said...

Jane it was the least we could do to help you out in such a difficult time..
and yes it is about time you blogged again..we missed you...

Gretz said...

i am just catching up with blogs....

What a horror December you had :-(